
Kenny's father passed away on Friday March 5. He was only 47 years old. It came as quite a shock and the whole family is trying to grip and hold it all together.
A good friend of Kenny's dad had dropped him off at a job-site on friday some time around noon. James had only planned on working a few hours. Friday's are not normal work days for the crew. Jame's boss had trusted him enough to let him get a few extra hours. His dad was alone this day and when his friend went to picked him up he found James on his stomach and lifeless.
Saturday we got the autopsy report back and the cause of death was a heart attack. In the autopsy it was discovered that he had Coronary Atery disease.
I will forever miss my father-in-law. He was such a good man and had one of the biggest hearts ever. He tried so hard to make sure his kids were happy, they were his pride and joy, and his reason to live. I loved how much he adored them. Some of my fondest moments were times Kenny would take him off-roading or shooting with him. Every moment he spent with Kenny it was like he was a kid in a candy store. His smiled beamed from ear to ear. It's so hard to believe I won't be able to see his smile or hug him anymore. All I have now is the wonderful memories and faith to know he is in a better place and I will be able to hug him again some day. This is not goodbye it's a see you later.
Something that is kind of interesting and weird...James' dad died when he was only 23 years old. Well, Kenny is 23.
James' death notice will be in the Spectrum tomorrow (Monday)
4 comments:
I am so sorry to both of you. I think you & kenny are both wonderful people and it breaks my heart. You are both in my prayers. Love you- Heather
I am so sorry for your loss, losing a loved one is hard, especially when it wasn't expected. Our prayers are with you both!
I am so sorry about the loss. I can't even begin to explain how hard it is to lose a parent. Just be there for Kenny and his family and be a shoulder to cry on. Mike was awesome about letting me cry on his shoulder. That was all I needed from him, and probably the most he could have done for me. You are in my prayers.
One other thing.. I did this when my mom died and it turned out nice. It's just an idea for keeping the memories alive. I took all the condolences and memories people wrote or said about my mom. I even had all my siblings write memories about her. I then had them printed into a book and gave thenm to everyone in my family as a christmas present. You will be surprised how many memories people will start spitting out... so just listen and record them. That way, those memories stay alive.
Post a Comment