Sunday, May 18, 2008

Breadstick Recipe

Melenie asked me for this recipe a little while ago so I will just post it on here and share it with all of you. Everyone who has tried these breadsticks fall in love with them. They are sooo good!

Ingrediants: 4 cups hot water
3 tsp. salt
3 yeast packets or 3 Tbl. yeast
1/3 cup sugar
8-10 cups flour
I ususally end up using 3 or 4 cubes of margarine or butter
For the seasoning you will need: garlic salt, paprika, and parmesan cheese.
Put the 4 cups hot water in a large mixing bowl then stir in the yeast. Let the yeast sit for a few minutes. Then mix in the salt and sugar. Gradually add in a cup of flour at a time until the dough is a little sticky but not too sticky. After you let the dough rise for 30 minutes roll it out and cut it into strips about 1 or 2 inches wide. I like to twist the strips and pinch the ends. Then get a casserole dish or something that you can melt butter in and soak the breadsticks in. After they soak for a few minutes put them on a pan and sprinkle garlic salt, paprika, and parmesan cheese. Then I let them rise on the pan for a few more mintues. Preheat the oven to 400 degrees and bake them for 15 minutes. When they are done baking I use a pastery brush to put on some more of the melted butter.

3 comments:

Melenie said...

Thanks Kesha!

Tiffini said...

I use the Rhoades bread dough now instead of making it but use the same seasonings it's easier and YUMMY!

Sandy said...

Kesha send me your e-mail so I can add you to my blog list cause I'm going private