On Saturday April 12 Sherri and I hike Angels Landing in Zions. It was a blast. I had only tried to do the hike one time before with Jenny and Missy. We stopped to rest halfway up and started talking then we realized it was getting dark so we had to head back down the mountain. I am pretty proud of myself for making it all the way up this time. I used to be in good shape playing volleyball in highschool. But that was geez....5 years ago...wow. Angels landing is 2.5 miles one way ALL up hill! I'm sure a lot of you have done this hike before, so maybe I'm just a wimp. I don't know. The first look out point (pictured above) I started to get nauseas and dizzy. Most of this hike is on a path right next to cliffs, so this is not a good hike to get dizzy on. I told sherry I was just gonna stop there and wait for her. I had sat there for a few minutes then two 80 year old guys passed me up! I decided if they could do it then I could do it! So I did it. And boy was the view at the end worth it!

By the way everyone. Today is my birthday! I turn 22. I talked to my dad this morning and he tried telling me I was 24. He probably doesn't even know how old he is. How Funny. I guess the family is gonna get together for dinner tonight. Kenny gave a present like a week or two ago. I kept complaining to him about my phone so one day he came to my work and stole my phone then came back with the new blackberry phone for me. Its cute and Pink.
Hope everybody has a fabulous day!
2 comments:
That's funny about dad whats even funnier is that I informed him and mom that this year they will be married 30 years not 29 like they thought. Wish we could be there for dinner. Happy birthday!!
Hey cousin! That is so exciting that you hiked Angels Landing. I remember going on that hike with you and Missy. That was a lot of fun. I think I've only made it to the top on the hike once (maybe twice). I can remember feeling dizzy also. I am terrified of heights. Anyway, concratulations on making to the top. Thanks for reminding me of the fun time that we had hiking.
Post a Comment