Friday, May 1, 2009

Don't Worry Be Happy!

A few weeks ago I got an email that listed Simple Guidelines for Happiness. I thought it really had some good points to think about. Especially now days while there are so many people struggling. I'm going to share them with you and expand on them a little more with my opinion. Here they are...

SIMPLE GUIDELINES FOR HAPPINESS:

1. FREE YOUR HEART FROM HATE

Don't waste your energy on hate. It just makes you more mad and it doesn't make the situation any better. I think that's why they say to "Forgive and Forget." It's a lot harder to make progress when you have a hateful heart.

2. FREE YOUR MIND OF WORRY

One of my philosophies in life is: If you can't change it then why worry about it?
This is something I have to always remind myself of, I will be the first to admit I am a worry wart. It's definately easier said than done to free your mind of worry, but it's worth it to just take a deep breath and ask, "Can I do anything to change this?" If you can't, then move on! Stress is not good for your body so just deal with the situation as it comes.

3. LIVE SIMPLE

It seems like a lot of people think that money can buy happiness. This reminds me of my Grandma and Grandpa Gull. They lived simple, but they were probably happier than some of the richest people out there. They didn't base their happiness on the things they wished they had. They had happiness based on the things they DID have. Which were the simple things in life such as, family, faith, and food.

4. GIVE MORE

Giving something can be more self-fulfilling than anything. It doesn't even have to be something material. It could be something as simple as a smile. When you smile at someone it's not very often that they don't smile back. For all you know that person could be having a real crummy day and your smile can help brighten it.

5. EXPECT LESS

Lets face it, if you expect less you can't ever be disappointed!

2 comments:

Julie the Cupcake Girl said...

Thanks Kesha! I needed to hear that today! Hope you are doing good. I miss seeing your smiling face everyday in the office! Tell everyone hello for me. Talk to you soon!~ Julie

Tiffini said...

Sounds good great advice, now living it is a different story!