Thursday, February 25, 2010

Ambulance Ride

This blog may be a little TMI, but some of you have already heard that I got hauled off from work by ambulance yesterday, so here is the story.
Yesterday morning I woke up with some menstrual cramping. Mind you, I don't usually get cramps and especially not the 4th day into it. I didn't think much of it because usually when I DO get cramps they go away by noon. So I got to work and they were getting increasingly worse. I was visiting with one of mycoworkers and mid conversation I started seeing stars and had to book it to my chair before I threw up or fell over. As soon as I sat down and put my head down my body went into a hot flash and my pain was getting worse (going down into my legs). My hands and feet were going numb and I could hardly move. 1 girl from work was holding me in my chair while another one called Kenny to come take me to the hospital. Kenny was worried to take me himself incase I went unconcious in the truck so he told them to call 911. I didn't know that was the case so in the mean time two salesman wheeled me in my chair downstairs and was getting ready to take me themselves. All I kept saying is I don't care how I get there I just want to go! The ambulance showed up and Kenny showed up shortly. I guess everyone was really scared, apparently I was as white as a ghost.
Anyways long story short...nothing life threatening was wrong so I was released by 11:30 after they did some testing, and no I'm not pregnant! It almost sounded like they thought I was. While I was in the ambalance I remember wondering am I having a miscarriage or something! I've never been in labor but I imagine it feels something like I went through.
When I was getting my blood drawn I had to get poked a couple different times because I was dehydrated, the nurse wasn't able to find a vain. But I wasn't dehydrated too much that it showed up on test results.
It was a really scary day yesterday! I never want to go through that again so I better get a follow up with a doctor to make sure I don't have Cysts or endometreosis.
Thanks to all my family and friends for their concern. And especially thanks to the preisthood. My dad and uncle Kenneth was at the ER to give me a blessing.

4 comments:

Brian & Chelsey Hafen said...

Thats so scary. I'm so happy that everything is ok.
I had the same thing happen to me when I was 18 they found out that I had Ovarian Cysts they put me on meds but they still never went away so I had to have Laparoscopy surgery. Make sure you call your doctor today for a follow up.

The Marvelous Mrs. Miller said...

You poor girl. What a retched day. I hope you're doing much better today. = )

Tiffini said...

Make sure you do a check up, and make sure you tell them you have family history with womenly problems!! Glad your ok and it wasn't anything too bad!!

Gull Family said...

please don't let dad ever have to call me again and tell me that he is waiting for the ambulance to get to the hospital with you in it. Scared me to death