Sunday, May 27, 2012

37 Weeks

Well, baby is just shy of being 37 weeks. I can't believe how fast time has gone since we first found out we were pregnant. It's hard for me to wrap my brain around the fact that within the next few weeks I am going to be a mom!


This picture was taken when I was around 31 or 32 weeks. I really didn't think my belly could stretch anymore than that. I totally underestimated...


Here I am today!

The last month has been kind of a whirlwind with all the baby showers. We received so much love from so many people I was a bit overwhelmed, but soooo thankful!


This was our first shower thrown by my co-workers.


Yes! That is a jogging stroller! My friend/co-worker Ashlee knows me too well and knew that I would never buy myself a jogging stroller, so she gathered some money from everyone in the dealership and was able to get me one! Among other awesome gifts! I love the people that I work with. I wouldn't like my job half as much as I do if it weren't for the people at St. George Ford. We are like a big family, I love it!

Next shower was the one thrown by my family. I have to thank my family a million times for putting up with me and my emotions during the planning on this one. Due to certain events I have to admit I became a bit of a...how should I say....a showerzilla/momzilla. They really pulled through and made it special. Especially my sister Tiffini who (I didn't know at the time) made a special trip, down from Ephraim, just for the baby shower. She was also the master mind for all the cute decorations and yummy appetizers.

My mom bought us a car seat...and might I add that it hooks into my jogging stroller! Bonus!! My sister Tiffini made an adorable car seat canopy (I owe her big for everything she's made for us).



Tiffini also quilted this blanket...LOVE it!!!



At the last minute Kenny's mother decided she wanted to throw us a shower in California. We were
all for it and so excited when she first brought it up. As the day came closer, we became more hesitant about going. I DID NOT want to end up going in labor in California!! But we consulted our doctor and he gave us the ok.

Let me just say, I do not recommend any pregnant women in their 3rd trimester to go on a 6-7 hour road trip. I wouldn't even recommend a 3 hour one!! Thank heavens I made it through the 6 to 7 hours it took to get us to California. However, the trip was soooo worth the torture my body went through.

It was so great to see all of our California friends again (we hadn't been to Cali in 2 years). And I was able to meet some of Kenny's cousins that I'd never met before!

I did have some pictures on my cell phone of the Cali shower but my cell phone decided to delete my whole picture & video gallery!! I could have shed a tear ooo I was so upset! My mother in law took some pictures with her camera, so once I get a copy of those I will post pics.

I was totally overwhelmed by the love that was shown for us at the Cali shower. I can not thank them enough. Our friends and family were SOOO giving. Our baby is totally covered when it comes to the clothing department and he is going to be one stylin' baby!


One thing when it came to home projects that needed to be done before the baby came was building a shed in the backyard.

Our house has absolutely no storage in it. We were using our spare bedroom (which is now baby's room) for storage space. And since Kenny uses the garage as his workshop we aren't able to store much in there either. We finally bit the bullet and decided it was time to build a shed. And I am so glad we did!

Kenny built this all by himself and I am so proud of him and his handywork!!





Now all it needs is a little bit of my own touch to pretty it up a little bit!

1 comment:

Tiffini said...

Your welcome :) We totally need Kenny to come build one just like that for us! Maybe next summer?!