Sunday, April 8, 2012

30 Weeks down 10 more to go!

I can't believe how fast time has gone by since we first found out we were pregnant. There are a lot of mixed emotions that I have felt lately.

I am so excited and anxious to start this new chapter in life with our baby boy. I can't wait to bond and get to know his personality.

This all seems to have gone by so fast that is almost doesn't seem real! It makes me feel scared that once the baby is here I am going to panic because I'll finally realize the reality of having a child and being a Mom. For this I am so thankful I have a lot of support from my husband, family, and friends.

And this is the latest in my pregnancy journey:

* I've been really tired lately. It's getting harder for me to get through my 8 hours of work everyday. I am planning on working til I have the baby, I'm really hoping I can stick it out. I'd much rather use as much time that I can of maternity leave for after the baby comes.

* I've read that only about 15% of pregnant women end up with Restless Leg Syndrome and I am part of that lucky 15%. It's hard to relax in the evening because that is what triggers the creepy crawly feeling in my legs that result in uncontrollable leg twitches. I have to keep reminding myself that I could have more serious problems and to be glad RLS is the worst of my pregnancy problems. Kenny has been real good to me and will rub my legs for me which helps a lot.

*I've been on a smoothie kick. Emerald City Smoothie has been my saving grace lately.

* I've been slowly working on getting the nursery ready. It's about finished (pictures to come later). Sometimes I like to go sit in there in the rocking chair and imagine what life will be like when the baby is here. * Baby Elliott has become really active and a bit rambunctious at times. I have to admit there are times when he won't stop kicking and those are the moments I just want to be done being pregnant. But then again...there will be a day he hardly moves at all and I find myself poking and prodding him to get him to move around.

* I am carrying him pretty low and he likes to use my hip bones to push off from. He also likes to stick his bum out, its a funny thing, although when he does it for some reason it makes breathing uncomfortable and my pulse goes a little faster.

So I've got about 10 more weeks to go and I can't wait to see his little face and cuddle him and give him hugs & kisses! I also have never seen Kenny hold a baby before. I am so excited to see him hold a baby let alone one that he can call his son.

No comments: