First on monday our air conditioner went out.
Tuesday the ac guy shows up to the house at 4 when we're supposed to leave for vegas @ 5:30 to take Kenny's family to the airport. When I got home from work I noticed Oakley wasn't feeling well at all. He was too weak to even walk, his paws were folding underneath himself when he'd try.
Thinking he probably got heat stroke or was having an allergic reaction I decided to skip out on the Vegas trip and take Oakley to the Veterinary Hospital. Mind you, I had to take both dogs with my by myself because Kenny still had to go to Vegas and the AC guy was still at our house! I was a wreck!

Ok, long story short...
Oakley ended up staying at the hospital that night (a one night stay at the vet hospital is NOT cheap...ugh). We found out that morning he had pancreatitis, which made his liver and kidneys start to shut down. This could have been caused from heat stroke, but the Dr's didn't know for sure...Since the hospital closes at 8 am. I had to transfer him to his regular vet to be monitored there.
From that vet visit we then found out that his immune system was attacking itself which triggered a blood disorder. Oakley is now a hemophiliac (I'm crossing my fingers that it can be reversed).

We had to keep transfering Oakley back and forth from the hospital to the Vet for 2 days. And now we've had a few follow up appointments.
Good news is Oakley is home (Kalli sure did miss him) and his blood and kidney levels are getting back to normal. Now we are just working on getting his strength back.

Oh yeah and on Friday. There we were with a dog that almost died from possible heat stroke and soooo conveniently our AC went out again..Friday evening after business hours...just lovely! Luckily the AC guy acknowledged he didn't get it fixed right the first time so he isn't going to charge us after hours fees. Lets just cross our fingers that it's something covered by warranty!
2 comments:
I am glad Oakley is doing better. Cassie was telling me about him... scary stuff! I dont even know how I would handle something scary like that happening with Molly. She is my baby! I know how expensive animal hospitals can be, but it is so worth it to still have your little boy with ya!
Poor Oatmeal, glad he's doing better and hope your AC is good as new.
Post a Comment