Getting through the first trimester was a battle. Now I can see why they say that the second trimester is the best.
I still get dizzy and nauseous in the mornings, but at least I'm not having to B-line it to the toilet anymore!
I still don't have very many cravings but when I do, it's usually a salad, a subway type sandwich (I found my new love at Crowshaw Pies...their Avacado sprout sandwich..MMmmMm), or I crave Pretzel Maker.
Oh and we can't forget my craving for SWIG's Mango Mountain Dew!! Except I've been off the soda wagon since I found out I was pregnant. It's been hard to not satisfy that craving! I've already made it a request for when I have the baby.
I'm am starting to be able to feel Baby Elliott kicking and moving more and more. Kenny has also been able to feel baby when he puts his hand on my belly. It's so awesome to see his face light up when the baby kicks his hand.

On the 25th we went in for our second ultrasound.
Kenny has always been SOOO sure that the baby is a boy. For his sake I was really hoping for a boy as well. In all honesty when looking at baby stuff, I had more fun looking at the boy stuff for some reason...must have been intuition.
Baby Elliott was quite stubborn during the ultrasound. No matter how much the tech poked or how much I rolled from one side to the other baby would just NOT move!
Then finally the tech pointed out and said "oh, there's a boy part!" Kenny and I were SO THRILLED!!
After the ultrasound we went straight over to my parents house to break the exciting news. I had ordered a blue cake with white frosting on it so my family had to cut into it to find out the gender. It was such a cute idea I found online and it made it so much more fun and exciting for the whole family.

by the way...if anybody needs a cake or cupcakes made, my friend Julie does an AMAZING job! Her cakes taste so delicious and her frosting is to die for!! Let me know if you are interested and I'll get you her info.
You can also see some of her other work by going to: http://craescreations.blogspot.com/
It was so fun to see my family's excitement especially my neices and nephew. Aiden is sooo happy he gets another boy cousin. Rilee...I think it's safe to say she was more excited about the cake. She had to be next to the cake the whole time and even started poking her fingers in it before grandpa cut the cake.
I also wanted to do something fun with my coworkers too. It's almost like we are our own little family so I couldn't leave them out of the excitement. I asked Julie to make cupcakes with blue frosting inside.

We had a contest at work to guess the gender of the baby. There was about 30 people that made a guess and I was surprised it almost came out half and half. The girl side had only 2 more votes than the boy side.
Everyone at work got a cupcake and I had them all bite into it at the same time to reveal its a boy. The winners got rootbeer floats.
I loved to see all of their excitement



Now that we know the baby's gender we have been on a whole nother level of excitement.
In fact yesterday we wanted to go to TJMaxx and just buy 1 outfit...well...we ended up leaving the store with almost $50 worth of pj's and onsies! It was so much fun!
No comments:
Post a Comment